Congratulations parents! You survived the first full week of the kids being out of school. I’m sure no one has heard “I’m bored” yet. HA! HA! Entertaining kids through the summer can be a challenge. But, the Breckenridge Aquatic Center can help!
What better way to beat the heat than by diving into some cool water? Some of my favorite childhood memories involve the water. My grandparents would load us all up and we would spend the day at the creek. My Maw-maw always made the best picnic lunches! Why did her peanut butter taste better than what my mom had at home, lol? Everyone always laughed at me about “the water making me hungry”. It was true. If you took me to the lake, the pool, or near any water, be prepared to feed me. I’m serious! The water made me hungry!
Isn’t it fun reminiscing over those summer memories? What about your kids and grandkids? Will they be able to do the same? Grandparents!!! Pack up the grands and plenty of snacks and go spend the day at the pool! I know it’s hot, but it’s harder to notice the heat when you are watching those beaming little faces bobbling around. Make some memories for your grandkids to share. Parents, it’s easy to get bogged down. Take a few hours off and unwind with the kiddos!
The swimming pool is open Tuesday- Saturday 1pm-4pm and 4:30pm-7:30pm; Sunday 2pm-6pm; and closed on Monday. It’s only $2.50 per person for each swim session and 3 years and under are free.
For more information about the Breckenridge Aquatic Center, to rent the pool, enroll in water aerobics, or schedule swim lessons, call the city offices at (254)559-8287. Check out the tips below to help keep your family safe in the water and go have some fun at the Aquatics Center!
WATER SAFETY TIPS
- Enroll children in swimming lessons.
- Keep children under 10 years of age within arms-reach of you at all time.
- Never allow children to swim alone.
- No diving in less than 13 feet of water.
- Always walk (do not run) when in an aquatic facility.
- Only use USA coast guard approved life jackets that are properly fitted for the child’s weight and body size.
- Do not allow children to ride on your back, do hand stand or any type of horseplay in swimming pools.
- Use sunscreen, apply 30 minutes before being exposed to sun.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration before expose to a heated environment.